Peanuts Masala or Chatpata Moomfali is a crunchy Indian anytime snack. Limetrails shares a quick and easy recipe in this video to make the tastiest and crunchiest Masala Peanuts. It gets ready in a jiffy and is way cheaper and healthier than the packaged market bought ones.
Masala Peanuts is a favourite tea time snack and tastes great with your favourite cold drink as well. Once you start munching on masala peanuts I bet you wont find it easy to stop!
INGREDIENTS FOR MASALA PEANUTS
Peanuts – 1 Cup
Besan (Gram Flour) -1/3 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder- 3/4 Tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 Tsp
Amchur (Dry Mango) Powder – 1/2 Tsp
Garam Masala- 1/4 Tsp
Salt to Taste
Baking Soda – 1 pinch
Chat Masala – 1 Tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) – 1/4 tsp
Oil – For Frying
Water – 1/4 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Mix all ingredients except peanuts, oil and water in a bowl.
- Slowly add water to the bowl and make a thick batter.
- Add Peanuts to the batter and mix well to coat each peanut with the gram flour masala paste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Using a fork or your hands, carefully drop the peanuts into the hot oil one by one.
- Fry the batter coated peanuts till they turn golden brown and the bubbles in the oil reduce.
- When the peanuts are done, remove it on a paper towel.
- Quick, easy and tasty Masala Peanuts is ready.
- Serve this delicious snack with a hot cup of tea or coffee or your favorite drink.