Thengai Thogayal (Coconut Lentil Chutney) is a traditional South Indian accompaniment that goes extremely well with South Indian rice meals served with Aviyal, Molagutal, Kootu, Keerai Molagutal, Rasam, Sambar etc. Thengai Thogayal (Coconut Lentil Chutney) is a very easy and quick recipe and elevates the taste of a meal manifold.
Ingredients for Thengai Thogayal (Coconut Lentil Chutney)
|Ingredients for the Seasoning:|
Method of Preparation
- Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a tadka pan.
- Add white Urad dal (3 Tbsp ), 2 Whole Red Chilies and Asafoetida or Hing (¼ tsp)
- Roast it for a minute till the dal turns reddish, then switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Add to a blender jar:
- Freshly grated Coconut: 1 cup
- Roasted dal
- Salt to taste
- Water -1/2 cup
- Blend it to a paste
- Give it a quick check – add water and blend again.
- For the tempering:
- Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a small tadka pan and add 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add 2 whole red chilies and 7-8 curry leaves.
- Switch off the flame and pour the tempering over the Thengai Thogayal.
- Thengai Thogayal (Coconut Lentil Chutney) is ready.
- Serve it as an accompaniment with South Indian meals with curries like Sambar, Rasam, Molagootal or Molakootal, Aviyal, Kootu etc. which are served with steamed rice. This delicious Coconut Lentil Chutney is sure to enhance the taste of your meal manifold.
Other delicious videos:
Chole Masala: https://youtu.be/Biy61CWkZV0
Mooli Paratha: https://youtu.be/EO6ZifuB69k
Rajma Ingredients: https://youtu.be/6B4BdjB_VaE
Palak Paneer: https://youtu.be/CLhqWsIXGYY
Tomato Rasam: https://youtu.be/KpVvkq1NP20
Coconut Chutney: https://youtu.be/kciOgb6NGyg
Murmura Chivda: https://youtu.be/F63t0PZYloM
Pav Bhaji: https://youtu.be/VWE7CNe8dOI
You can also follow our recipes at:
Google+: LimeTrails By Priya’s Kitchen