Molagootal Recipe (Mixed Vegetable-Coconut Curry) is a Delicious and healthy South Indian mixed vegetable curry cooked in a Coconut based gravy. It is a staple curry in the states of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. This flavorsome curry is enjoyed best with steamed rice or appams.
The video below shows detailed step by step instructions for Molagootal Recipe (Mixed Vegetable-Coconut Curry).
|Ingredients for Molagootal Recipe (Mixed Vegetable-Coconut Curry):||Ingredients for the Seasoning:|
Method of Preparation
- Peel, wash & cut the vegetables into small cubes.
- Add Salt, Turmeric Powder and ½ cup water. Cook it in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles.
- Wash the Arhar Dal, add 1 cup of water and pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles.
To make Coconut Paste:
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil in a tadka pan.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Urad Dal (split white lentils), 2 whole Red Chilies and roast for 30 seconds. When the dal turns reddish, turn off the flame and let it cool.
- To a blender jar, add the coconut, roasted dal, cumin seeds and ½ cup water. Blend it to a paste.
- Transfer the pressure cooked vegetables to a pan.
- Mash the Arhar dal, add it to the pan and mix well.
- Add the coconut paste and stir it well again.
- Cook on medium flame till it comes to a boil. If required, add a little water to adjust consistency.
For the Seasoning:
- Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a small tadka pan and add mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- When the seeds start spluttering, add 1 tsp white Urad dal and 2 whole red chilies.
- When the dal starts turning red, switch off the flame and pour the seasoning over the Molagootal.
- Molagootal (Mixed Vegetable-Coconut Curry)l is ready to be served. Serve it hot with steamed rice.
Do try this flavorsome Molagootal Recipe (Mixed Vegetable-Coconut Curry) and give us your comments.
Other delicious recipe videos:
Chole Masala: https://youtu.be/Biy61CWkZV0
Mooli Paratha: https://youtu.be/EO6ZifuB69k
Rajma Ingredients: https://youtu.be/6B4BdjB_VaE
Palak Paneer: https://youtu.be/CLhqWsIXGYY
Tomato Rasam: https://youtu.be/KpVvkq1NP20
Coconut Chutney: https://youtu.be/kciOgb6NGyg
Murmura Chivda: https://youtu.be/F63t0PZYloM
Pav Bhaji: https://youtu.be/VWE7CNe8dOI
Follow our recipes @
Google+: LimeTrails By Priya’s Kitchen