Palak Paneer or Cottage Cheese and Spinach is an extremely delicious and popular North Indian curry cooked in a rich tomato-onion gravy. This curry is so widely loved that finds it’s place in the menus of all North Indian or Punjabi restaurants. The rich aromatic blend of spices in the masala makes it the perfect accompaniment for Indian breads like roti, naan and paratha. So follow the recipe below and make authentic Punjabi Palak Paneer right at home!
Watch the video below for detailed step by step recipe and procedure for making authentic Punjabi Palak Paneer.
Method of Preparation:
Heat water in a vessel and blanch the spinach for 3-4 minutes. Strain the spinach and pour cold water to cool it down.
For the Masala:
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai.
- Add cumin seeds, green chilies, chopped ginger and garlic, bay leaf and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and sauté for a minute till the onions turn a golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté again for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, nutmeg powder. Saute it for another minute. Now remove the bay leaf, switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Transfer the sautéed masala and the blanched spinach to a blender jar and grind it to a paste.
- Transfer the spinach paste to a pan and heat it on low flame. If required, add a little water to adjust consistency.
- Stir in the cream and add salt to taste.
- When the spinach curry starts bubbling, add the cottage cheese cubes. Cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Palak Paneer is done and ready to be served. Garnish with cream (1 Tbsp) and grated cottage cheese (1 Tbsp). Serve it hot with Indian breads – Roti, Parathas or Nan.
Get some spinach and cottage cheese and try out this finger-licking recipe!
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/limetrails
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/LimeTrails/
- Reddit: priyamanore
- Google+: LimeTrails By Priya’s Kitchen
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/limetrails
- Tumblr: www.limetrails.tumblr.com